As a broker and a leader, you simply can’t afford to be spinning your wheels and chasing after the wrong things. The best and brightest brokers are deeply committed to establishing a high level of time management, so that they can achieve their goals in both their personal and professional lives. The same is true for your agents, which is a good reason for you to lead by example. In the interest of helping you fine-tune your schedule and reach an even higher level of productivity, incorporate these three, time management hacks.
- Time Block Your Calendar
Things you put on your calendar get done and that’s not limited to meetings. So if there is something that you need to get done – recruiting, writing and reviewing your business plan, company lead gen-put it on your calendar. Make a list of the critical things that you need to do for your business that will add to your bottom line. Block time on your calendar for those items. Work each day on the items you have calendared during the time you allotted for them. Hold yourself accountable for sticking to your calendar. This helps ensure you stay focused on the things that matter most to your business and you aren’t constantly disrupted and distracted with less important tasks. With this type of planning you will be more productive with your time and start to gain traction on your big goals.
- Effective Delegation
Your ability to reach your true potential as a real estate broker is directly related to your ability to delegate effectively. This also means that you need to be ready to spot talents and shortcomings in your team and vendors so that you can assign roles. Business tycoons and entrepreneurs like Gary Vaynerchuk have illustrated that when you allow people to double-down on their strengths, they are more motivated, culture improves, and production rises steadily. The more that you allow team members and vendors to focus on micro-tasks that involve their talents, the more you will be able to focus on driving the overall macro vision for your brokerage.
- Use Technology
We are lucky to have more tools than ever to empower us as leaders. Leverage them to be more focused, efficient and productive. Some examples include:
- Social media scheduling tools like Buffer, allow you to manage your social media content and post consistently in a fraction of the time.
- Slack is a project management tool in which you can assign, monitor, and chat about tasks in real-time with your team.
- A good CRM allows you to keep track of your recruiting prospects and company generated leads.
- Online transaction management systems allow you to keep track of transaction files without all the paper.
- Online training platforms allow you to supply your agents with cutting-edge education without requiring you to prepare the materials (costing valuable time).
- Online marketing resource sites provide your agents with consistent looking marketing and sales materials.
Don’t be afraid to incorporate as many tech tools as you need to get more done in less time while improving communication and consistency throughout your team. Not sure where to start or what to research? When you are a Weichert franchise, all that vetting is already done for you. Weichert provides its affiliate offices with tools such as a smart CRM, transaction management system and online University, among many other tools designed to save you time and resources so you can focus on other things to grow your business.
Click here for more information about how partnering with a national brand like Weichert could be the ultimate time hack for your brokerage.