When competing for a listing, every Agent wants to maximize their commission. However, in an age of discount brokerages and easily-accessible online information, clients are often left wondering whether they are getting the best value. “What exactly am I getting for my money?” they may ask. This is where having a solid listing presentation can be as good as gold. By clearly demonstrating to your clients the services you will be providing, outlining a clear marketing plan for their home and the expertise you bring to the transaction, any questions in their mind over the commission go away and the only question left is “where do I sign?”
But having a good listing presentation shouldn’t stop at your own listings. Creating a solid listing presentation is an important tool to have in your brokerage to be used by all your agents. Not only does it avoid each agent having to recreate the wheel, but it ensures all the agents within your brokerage are communicating a consistent message to the clients in your market and gives you something to provide brand new agents to help ensure their success. So how does your listing presentation stack up?
The Keys to Overcoming Objections
It is up to the listing agent to present themselves in a way that makes it clear that there is a world of service a client gets with a full-service brokerage. There is also a world of things that can go wrong with companies selling properties on cut-rate commissions. It is up to your agents to really lay it out for them.
Here are some ideas to incorporate into a listing presentation template that clearly show the client all your agent brings to the process:
- Showcase their home. Show that the agent understands their property and all of its features.
- Present a market price analysis that takes into account local trends to assure that the property will be priced properly to help it sell quickly at the best possible price.
- Outline a marketing plan with everything that will be done to market the home from the exposure your brokerage will provide for the property online to attract buyers searching, to neighborhood marketing, to open houses.
- Create a handy chart and/or infographic that lists the myriad of things the agent will be doing to help the client sell their home. From setting the price, to holding open houses, to negotiating the final contract. Clients often have no idea all that goes into the process.
- Craft a brokerage page(s) that lists the resources the agent makes accessible to the seller, from the support of the team within the office, to mortgage and insurance partners, to relocation partners and other service providers.
- Include a resume template where the agent can outline their expertise, from their selling experience to their local knowledge of the community and notable recognitions.
Agents appreciate having a listing presentation template that incorporates this type of information to help sell their services and is packaged in an easy-to-follow, attractive format. At Weichert, one of the most highly regarded tools used by its affiliates is the DOORS listing presentation. The Weichert presentation can be easily customized online and creates a powerful visual presentation that showcases a client’s home through photography, outlines all the support resources from the brokerage available to support the seller, provides a comprehensive plan to market and promote the home online and in the community and more. In addition, it promotes the agent, demonstrates their value in the process and helps them maximize their commission. The agent can have the presentation bound or present it electronically depending on what will be best received by the client. When put up against competitive listing presentations by other agents, the Weichert agent walks away with the listing more often than not. It’s a big step in getting potential sellers to understand what a full-service brokerage is all about.
Maximize the Agent Commission. Maximize Your Brokerage’s Bottom Line.
Sellers want a deal, but they also want to make sure their biggest asset is in the best hands. Give your agents the tools to give them confidence in their worth by demonstrating extraordinary market knowledge and the ability to provide high-quality service. By helping your agents maximize their commission, you help your bottom line.
It can be difficult for you to find time to develop the right tools for your agents, such as an effective listing presentation. As a Weichert Affiliate, you get access to a suite of proven marketing and sales tools which are always being refreshed, so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. This leaves you with more time to manage your brokerage. If this sounds like something your business could benefit from, find out more. Call 877-567-3350 or visit weichertfranchise.com.