Your agents have mastered the topics taught in the state’s licensing program. They understand the listing and selling process, property valuation, and closing the sale. They’ve passed the tests covering liens, leases, and real estate law. But now what? Becoming a productive real estate agent involves more than meeting educational requirements or managing clients and transactions. Learning doesn’t end once real estate school ends. The right training is needed to transform ‘real estate students’ into engaged, productive agents who are expert lead generators, effective networkers, and savvy marketers.
What Are the Ingredients for a Good Real Estate Training Program?
Real estate lead generation is one of the most challenging aspects of an agent’s role. The sink-or-swim approach of some real estate agent management models falls short of delivering the results your agents want or the results your brokerage needs for long-term success.
Instead, effective training programs for your brokerage will create success for agents by focusing on specific, relevant activities:
- Marketing and getting new clients. Creative ideas, templates, and systems for reaching prospective clients—including how many and how often–will keep the sales pipeline full.
- Local market trend information and insights. Understanding what’s fueling or stalling the market enables agents to offer clients better advice and position properties more favorably.
- Teaching them to use technologies, platforms, and apps for managing data and information. A robust CRM tool for managing client interactions and access to support as needed helps agents maximize their efficiency through automation in available technologies.
- Connecting agents with a library of resources they can access on-demand when challenges arise. While it’s important to be supportive of your agents, you can’t be there 24/7. Having somewhere to go for answers and guidance – scripts, tools, marketing – can be a load off your plate.
A Good Training Program Is a Retention Magnet For Your Brokerage
Ongoing training helps new agents enhance their skills and veteran agents stay at the top of their game. There’s always more to learn. Regardless of their experience level, agents want to align with a brokerage that helps them succeed by showing them how to apply their knowledge to real-world, real estate situations in ways that work.
Promoting the fact that your brokerage offers an ongoing training and coaching program will go a long way to helping you meet your recruiting goals. Your investment of time and resources to build their talents will increase agent engagement and their satisfaction with your brokerage. By creating an environment focused on growth and success, you’re more likely to retain your talented team of agents and attract new ones. Real estate agent retention is a growth strategy and ongoing training is an important element of your retention plan.
We recognize that real estate’s fast pace makes it challenging for independent brokers to find time to develop the tools and training needed to keep agents up-to-date. The ability to tap a “plug n play” network of proven processes and training is one of the most often-cited reasons that brokers enjoy affiliation with a real estate brand like Weichert.
The Right Training Leads to Agent Success
Weichert training programs provide practical instruction at every level on proven processes and systems that have lead many Weichert Franchisee’s to real estate success. Our brokerages have access to things such as:
- New Agent Training. Live webinar curriculum for new agents, to get them up to speed and productive quickly.
- Weekly Webinars. Live webinars on trending topics such as how to get listings, how to use social media effectively, and how to use various Weichert tools and technology.
- Live Regional Training. Live instructor sessions for agents on mastering Weichert tools and systems, such as Listing Mastery and Buyer Mastery. For Managers, topics such as building company culture or implementing business change.
- Video Content. Agents receive video tips and dialogues to help handle various sales scenarios.
- Weichert University. An on-demand content library, available 24/7 with courses, presentations, templates, videos, and resources on topics such as open houses, phone prospecting, and conducting a listing appointment.
Don’t Forget to Invest In Yourself
A regular program of ongoing training for the agents in your brokerage is a boon to both productivity and retention. But what about you? Brokers deserve their own system of ongoing education and support and it takes a village to provide it. That’s why Weichert supports its brokers though so many different manager-level trainings, networking opportunities, and personal coaching sessions. Not to mention the benefit of a network of peers who are always willing to share their experiences with each other. Continuous training for agents and brokers? Yes, please. Training is the Weichert way.
Call us today at 877-567-3350 or contact our team to learn more about partnering with Weichert to take your brokerage to the next level.